lunes, 29 de febrero de 2016

Cryptostegia grandiflora FINAL RELOCATION

This vine was originally planted from seed in the north garden for privacy, noise reduction in 2014.  Some time later, I noticed too many  branches  growing mostly towards the next door property.

I decided to relocate it 30 days ago in January 2016.  The task was not as difficult as I thought,
however, I had to cut a great amount of thick roots, the most I have found in this kind of project so far.  A clean cut, with a hand pruner, increases significantly the possibility of survival, fast recuperation.

The need to cut every branch is also a difference from previous relocations, since it leaves the patient in absolute stress, decreasing the possibilities of recuperation, at that point I gave a 55 percent chance of total recovery.

The appearance of leaves 15 days later, gave me lots of joy, since it was the fastest recovery of any tree, vine or bush I have relocated.

Here is now in the east side garden, Cryptostegia grandiflora, with the Antigonon leptopus and a dead Bouganvillea.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario